a test project:
Butterick B4527– a pattern for a few different maternity tops and a dress. After my chaotic maternity shopping experience I decided to try to make my own dress for my SIL’s wedding that we will be attending the first weekend in August. So the purple is my test project that follows virtually the same pattern as the dress, only shorter. This way I will be able to adjust the pattern to ensure a perfect fit for the dress, which I will be making out of a Tiffany blue linen.
All that was left to do was sew in the second half of the zipper, hem the bottom and attach the straps in front when my sewing machine decided to take a break. A long break. She needed to be retimed so I took her into the shop, devastated that I could not wear my new shirt! She finally came back to me yesterday and I will be finishing that project today. I hope I haven’t grown much since last weekend!!!
With my machine in the shop, I was able to focus on my Paton’s sleeves, which I calculate I am 35-ish rows away from casting off. Now all I’ll need is a model to try on the sweater since it clearly won’t fit me now!